How An Auto Attendant Can Benefit Your Company's Bottom Line
An auto attendant phone system for VoIP is a voice menu phone service where callers are able to access information, speak to live customer service agents or reach company employees without going through a central receptionist.
How Does A Phone Auto Attendant System Work?
Auto attendants answer all incoming calls with a recorded greeting of your choice. The caller is then given a variety of options for call routing, including:
- Reaching employees by first or last names through a company directory
- Specific employee phone extensions
- Live tech support or sales assistance
- Automated billing and account information
- Sending a fax to your company
- Joining a teleconference
- Additional automated information such as your location and hours of operation
What Are The Benefits Of A Virtual Auto Attendant?
There are many advantages of having an auto attendant phone system. These benefits include:
- A centralized phone system that always provides effective and efficient incoming call management.
- A professionally recorded voice greeting or a greeting you record yourself.
- Calls are answered and routed for service immediately.
- You can provide information about your company to callers while they're waiting for a live agent.
- You can employ different greetings depending on whether your company is open or closed.
- Your callers have the option to leave a voicemail.
- Employees are able to set their own rules about how their calls are being handled.
- Incoming calls can be routed straight through to an employee or department with no greeting.
- Calls for live agents are handled in the order they're received.
- You can set up greetings to use only on certain days or at certain times.
- Calls can be forwarded to other phone numbers regardless of location.
- The system can be programmed to deliver an announcement and then hang up.
- You can give your callers the option to immediately access a live customer service agent.
- Incoming call settings can be managed from remote locations with a tablet, laptop or smartphone.
Why Auto Attended Phone Systems for VoIP Are So Cost Effective
Digital attended phone systems completely eliminate the need for a receptionist. That means you no longer have to pay someone a salary or provide them with insurance and vacation or sick time. Digital attended phone systems will never quit working for you, so you'll never have to search for, hire and train a new receptionist. The auto attended phone system is available, reliable and on the job 24/7. It will never call in sick or tell you it's having a bad day.
One account administrator can easily manage an auto attendant system and establish rules for all incoming calls to your main number. With an auto attended system, you will never miss a call and because every call is routed to the right person, department or information, you'll be providing better service to your callers.
Auto attended phone systems for VoIP are the wave of the future. They will eventually replace all traditional business phone systems. Virtual auto attendants can do everything that a live receptionist would do, and you can program the system to do whatever you want. Digital attended phone systems guarantee that all incoming calls will be handled consistently, reliably, correctly and professionally.